The divorce mediation process is a valuable process to consider in place of a litigated divorce. Divorce mediation can potentially help divorcing couples resolve their divorce concerns more peacefully.
The potential benefits of divorce mediation
The divorce mediation process can provide a variety of different benefits to divorcing couples including:
- Saving money: Divorce mediation can potentially cost 10% of what a litigated divorce may cost the divorcing couple.
- Saving time and stress: Divorce mediation can take a fraction of the time that a litigated divorce typically does which can also save the divorcing couple stress.
- Protect children: Divorce mediation can minimize conflict between the parents which can be better for the emotional and psychological well-being of the children.
- Greater control for the couple: Divorce mediation guides the divorcing couple through the process of making decisions for what is best for them financially, as parents and concerning other divorce-related decisions.
- Retain privacy and confidentiality: Divorce mediation can help keep sensitive topics private and confidential because there is no public record.
- Customize solutions: Divorce mediation can help the divorcing couples reach a fair divorce settlement agreement that recognizes that a cookie cutter approach to the divorce process can be unworkable.
- Avoid future legal battles: Divorce mediation helps divorcing couples reach decisions together which are less likely to cause resentment and creates a template for future decision making.
- Preserve relationships: Divorce mediation can help preserve relationships between the divorcing couple and others impacted by the divorce.
Divorce can be a difficult process which is why mediation is important to consider. It can help create a more smooth divorce process with a more positive outcome for the divorcing couple.